Lots to do, Lots to do.
With the passing of Grandpa Steinbauer on Friday, we have lots of traveling, shopping, and visiting to do. But let me get you caught up on our weekend . . .
Friday night we skipped the ice cream / playground routine and opted to go to a high school football game at my alma mater, West Holmes. We thought Turner would enjoy the cheerleaders, the band, the lights, the players, etc. There was an overcast when we got there, but rain wasn't scheduled until after midnight so we grabbed some popcorn and found our seats. Turner enjoyed everything for about 2 minutes. Then he wanted to run and play like the older kids, jump all over the bleachers, climb the rails, run on the track, etc. At halftime, lightning was spotted and the stadium needed to be evacuated. It was a sign. As Tanner and I were driving home, we decided that Turner isn't old enough for Friday night lights. The only way we'll be able to go to another game will be to get a babysitter. We are ok with not going to alot of games anyway. For the last 8 football seasons we've sat in a stadium under the lights and even though we miss watching Joe and Jake on the field, it's nice that we no longer feel obligated to sit in the rain and freeze our fanny's off. Maybe next year we'll go more often.
Saturday morning I started my fall semester at school and Tanner worked. Turner went to our friends house to be babysat. It was the first time anyone other than family babysat our kid. It worked out wonderfully! When I dropped him off, they had a tent set up for him in their living room! It was awesome. I knew right away that he was going to have a blast while we were gone. Plus, they have a 4 month old daughter and Turner really likes her. It's nice to have him around other little kids outside of daycare. Saturday evening, I went to a little gathering with a friend and it allowed Tanner and Turner to have a some guy time since Tanner was away last weekend.
Yesterday, I had a massage appointment. I wish I would have been getting the massage instead of giving the massage, but at the end of the day, the dollars in my hand were probably just as therapeutic. Yesterday evening Grandma Dixon babysat Turner while hubby and I shopped for attire to wear to Grandpa Steinbauer's calling hours and funeral. We purchased 2 shirts, 2 ties, a pair of dress pants, a wrap dress, and a couple of accessories in less than 30 minutes. For me, that is record timing. . . pretty impressive!
Today and tomorrow will be busy managing work and home including traveling to Clyde for calling hours and the funeral, but we are looking forward to seeing our family even though the circumstances are not ideal.
Have a good week everyone!
I'm really sorry to hear about Grandpa Steinbauer.
ReplyDelete30 minutes...damn that is some fast shopping. that is my kind of shopping...cause i hate to shop.
i went to the Waynedale HS Football game Friday and it got called for the same thing. i'm still asking myself why the hell was i there...