Last Thursday, Tanner, Turner, and I headed up to Cleveland Clinic for Turner's bi-annual eye exam. It was a trivial day as our appointment was at 8:00 and we finally got to see the doc at 10:00. Turner did very well considering the wait and I was pretty proud of him for that.
The doctor discovered that Turner's left eye is starting to drift upward again, even with the assistance of his glasses. They also found that he may be farsighted on top of his nearsightedness.
So what are our next steps?
We will return to the Cleveland Clinic in January and another eye exam will be done with Turner to determine his new eyeglasses prescription. Then, we will have to begin patching his right eye 2 - 3 hours per day to strengthen his left eye.
Another surgery hasn't been mentioned as of yet, but I'm guessing if the eye patching isn't successful; that will be our next step. The good news is that the surgery will most likely only have to be done on his left eye.
Oh, and the chances of our little girl having esotropia, strabismus, and/or amblyoplia? Sixty percent.
Ay yay yay.
Wish us luck!
I hope the patching works for Turner! Thoughts and prayers for you, Turner, and Tanner!
ReplyDeleteOh jeeze! Hopefully the patch works....and just in time for halloween;) just kidding. best of luck to your little man and hopefully sweet baby girl doesn't take after her brother in that area.
ReplyDeleteHow is the patch working out? Have you noticed a difference yet?
ReplyDelete