Ok, so it's been awhile since I've posted because I've wanted to keep a pretty blog with everything in order and so on.
Well, I still haven't been able to download pics from Halloween and I would need to post those before the Christmas pics. Then, we had Turner's 2 - year check up followed by what he's been up to lately. Obviously, I'm moving on.
I'm losing time by trying to keep everything on here organized. Anyone who has had children knows that solid organization goes down the tubes as soon as that baby gets through the doorway. We try to have a schedule, we really do. However,these days our schedule revolves around Turner's schedule. I have to admit though, it's getting alot easier than it was last year. . . and the year before. New challenges, but definitely easier.
Friday, I kept Turner home because he woke up with a Croup-like cough and was coughing up so much phlegm it was making him gag. He slept for 12 hours! For Turner, that is unheard of. He played well throughout the day and only coughed a little bit, but when evening hit, the cough worsened.
When Turner woke on Saturday morning, his cough was still a little barky, but not as bad as the previous morning. As the morning went on, he seemed a little warm so I checked his temp and it was at 100. I gave him Children's Motrin before his nap. When he woke from his nap a couple of hours later he was burning up. I waited 30 minutes and took his temp again and it was at 103.4. I called the nurse working at our Pediatrician's office and she told me that as long as he's drinking plenty of fluids and keeping his activity low he should be ok. She also told me that if he continues to be feverish for 24 hours, he will need to be taken into the Urgent Care Center.
Today he woke up with a fever of 103.5 and he was coughing continuously. We gave him another dose of Children's Motrin and took him to the Urgent Care Center. The doc said that if this would have been a month ago, he would have guessed that Turner has the h1n1 flu. But since Turner has been vaccinated, he believes that he may have pneumonia. We are taking him tomorrow for chest x-rays to see if he has fluid in his lungs. We are hopeful that it's just a strain of flu and that we'll be able to give him antibiotics and have him get well very soon.
To make our weekend even more awesome, Tanner and I had the flu Friday night / Saturday morning. On the bright side, we were able to shed all of our holiday lbs. Tanner lost 10 and I lost 5 lbs. in less than 8 hours. Too bad we had to spend 12 hours spewing fluid, laying in pools of our own sweat, and wishing for death in order to do so.
Tanner and I will not be working tomorrow since we'll be taking Turner for his x-ray appointment. If all goes well, I'll post an update tomorrow afternoon.
Until then, take care everyone and wish us luck!
Oh my....that does not sound like a fun weekend. I hope you and Tanner are feeling better and everything with Turner is okay! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteWow...what a sucky weekend. I hope you're feeling better...and I'm praying Turner is okay!!
ReplyDelete